(Criminal, Child Abuse & Violent Felony Charges & Convictions)
Federal policies mandate that all prospective employees sign a declaration prior to employment, which lists:
1) All pending and prior criminal arrests and charges related to child sexual abuse and their disposition.
2) Convictions related to other forms of child abuse and/or neglect; and
3) All convictions of violent felonies.
The declaration may exclude:
1) Traffic fines of $200 or less;
2) Any offense, other than any offense related to child abuse and/or child sexual abuse or violent felonies, committed before the prospective employee’s 18th birthday which was finally adjudicated in a juvenile court or under a youth offender law;
3) Any conviction the record of which has been expunged under Federal or State law; and
4) Any conviction set aside under the Federal Youth Corrections Act or similar State authority.
Note: Individuals who declare, through this form, that they have been arrested, charged with or convicted of any of the offenses listed above are not automatically disqualified. CAPCA will review each case to assess the relevance of an arrest, charge or conviction prior to a hiring decision.