The food pantry provides emergency food to eligible persons. Nutritious recipes are included in each box of food. Recipes are in English and Spanish.
The Commodities Program allows for distributions of government surplus canned and packaged foods at regular intervals.
CAPCA FOOD PANTRY HOURS
8:15 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
1:15 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Monday – Wednesday
CAPCA USDA/Commodity Food Pantry Guidelines
- You MUST show identification at each application, certification and distribution.
- One (1) box of Commodities per household is distributed each month of eligibility, as food is available.
- Clients must meet income guidelines at all times.
- All clients applying for a food box must complete an Agency Application for Services. Clients must declare all income for the household.
- Households may also receive an emergency food box 2 times per year.
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.”.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.